Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The Road to Edinburgh

The day-long bus journey to Edinburgh was, for Emily and I at least, a blurry mess of disjointed sleep at pit-stops. We rolled through deep green fields spotted with Withering Heights gnarled trees. When we stopped along the way to climb upon the ruin of a Roman wall and fortress, a was sure I could hear the haunting name of 'Heathcliff' in the gusting winds. Perhaps most joyous, however, were the vast quantity of fluffy sheep po-poes everywhere along the hillsides...a vision that never fails to produce shrieks of joy from me that seem to unnerve my companions. Don't worry I have plenty to photos and videos.
We arrived at Polluck Halls (the University in Edinburgh) in the evening, and discovered, again, to be spoiled with out own rooms, sinks, bed-makers, etc. If I recall, we stayed in that night, going only to the University pub to play pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home