Zero Hundred Thirty Hours
That means twelve thirty in the language of my watch. I'm blogging at this hour in the case that I don't get the opportunity again until I'm home from Scotland on Tuesday. Yes...off to Edinburgh at 8:30 in the morn...hmmm... Had an extremely entertaining evening with Emily and Heather...laughing from pub to pub. Emily is going to be a fantastic travel companion...she is as silly as Heather and I (alone a feat) and an interesting and very sharp Berkley democrat (also a plus).
Tonight we met:
Peter was a poor Kings College (Cambridge) graduate student buying Emily a drink. He said he was going on thirty...Emily told him to say he was twenty-nine, instead.
Lorenzo, yes--Lorenzo, was also a Kings College affiliate, somehow connected to Berkely who upon question fessed up to reading 'Russian Debutantes.' We are still unsure why, but he seemed rather humiliated. Never read a book in public that you're not proud of.
Kevin, who we will be traveling with, is one of the most laid-back people I have ever met. Moleculat Bio, not premed, he attends Berkley and comments on the expanding universe, etc. When Emily said in town today she was surprised his kabob was a sandwich with no stick, he replied in monotone, 'I think the 'shish' is the stick.' I hope this seems as amusing in print as in full and wonderful audio.
My 'secret intelligence' professor only grows more amusing in his intense, wandering, lectures and slightly crossed blue eyes. He has himself discovered and unclassified MI5 and MI6 documents (along with the grad students who published books on the research) and has such a keen and earnest interest in all things intelligence related, one almost wants to fill the audience with mirrors of his own enthusiasm instead of UC summer school students. Cambridge, specifically our Pembroke College at Cambridge, has a long history of connections to the intelligence community. Recent and long-lasting directors of both MI5 (internal intelligence) and MI6 (foreign intelligence) have come from Pembroke...and our Master (Dean) is a former member. Crazy shit...
I spent a few hours reading today in the library...fully enjoying being back in class and worrying about the fact that graduation will soon rob me of student status. I hope I can find a way to support my heart and stomach simultaneously.
Speaking of stomach...I found good vegan food late this eve in a cart in the market-square...at £2.60, though, its not something I can sustain.
William, by the way, there is a soda machine on my floor with three different types of FANTA! (£0.60 each) I have tried two...but they taste better in your company.
Gracious I must sleep to prepare for the nine hour bus ride. Thanks for checking in:)


1 Comments:
Did seem like your budget included food money....anyway M16 a -- novel in the making not to memtion the real world..have a good trip
Dad
Post a Comment
<< Home